MCQ ON THE STAMEN class 12 for NEET | THE STAMEN class 12 | MCQ THE STAMEN with Answer | Check the below NCERT MCQ question for class 12 Biology based on the with Answers.
MCQ on THE STAMEN class 12 Biology with answers were prepared based on the latest pattern.We have provided class 12 Biology MCQs question with Answers to help students understand the concept very well.
MCQ ON THE STAMEN is useful for NEET / CSIR / UGC / CBSE / ICSE / AIIMS / EXAM / AFMC EXAM / STATE LEVEL MEDICAL EXAM/ KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2022-2023,2024
The stamins are modified leaves or microsporophylls concern with the production of microscope of pollen grains. In a majority of angiosperm each stamen consists of a cylindrical massivei or thread like filament and a broad terminal bilobed anther .Each lobe of anther has two pollen sacs .
At maturity the two pollen sacs of each anther lobe fuse to form single chamber .Such anther is called dithecous.
However, in certain families eg Malvaceae the anthers are monothecous .
The two lobes of dithecous anther are separated in the anterior side by a deep groove and attached on back side by the connective.
There is a single vascular bundle in the connective.
Development of pollen sacs:-
A very young anther consists of actively dividing merismetic cells surrounded by a layer of epidermis .It then becomes two lobes .Each anther lobe develops two pollen sacs.
Thus a bilobed anther develops four pollen sacs situated at the four corners of the anthers..
MCQ THE STAMEN class 12 for NEET/KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2022-2023,2024
1. The stamins are modified l or microsporophylls concern be the production of
(a) pollen grains
(c) both a and b
Ans (c) both a and b
2. In majority of angiosperms form each stamens consists of cylindrical massive or thread like …….and broad terminal bilobed ……… respectively
(a) anther and filament
(b) filament and stamen
(c) anther and carpel
(d) style and stigma
Ans. (b) filament and style
3. Each love of anther has two pollen sacs .At maturity the pollen sacs of each anther lobe fuse to form single chamber.Such an anther is called
Ans. (b) dithecous
4. Ine Malvaceae family, the anthers are
5. Development of pollen sac begins with differentiation of ………..in the hypodermal region at the four corners of the young anthers.
(a) archesporial cells
(c) filamentous cells
(d) all the above
Ans.(a) archesporial cells
6.How many microspore mother cell will produce 1000 microspores.
7. Fertlisation in which male gametes are carried through pollen tube is known as
8. Anthesis is
(a) opening of flower bud
(b) pollen mother cell undergoes meiosis
(c) dehiscence of anthers
(d) stigma becoming receptive
Ans.(a) opening of flower bud
9.Germ pore is the region where the exine is
(c) thick and uniform
Ans. (b) thin
10. Male gametes are formed from
(a) generative cell
(b) tube cell
(c) body cell
(d) prothallial cells
Ans. (a) generative cells
11.Maturation of male and female sex organs at different times is known as
12. In angiosperms, pollen tubes liberate their male gametes into the
a) central cell
b) antipodal cells
c) egg cell
Ans . (d) synergids
13.In angiosperms, all the four microspores of tetrad are covered by a layer which is formed by
14. The arrangement of megaspore in a tetrad in an angiosperm is
Ans. (c) linear
● YOU CAN WATCH BIOLOGY SIR Youtube channel
15.The natural barrier existing between androecium and gynoecium which favours allogamy is
(d) all the above
16.The essential parts of a flower are
(a) calyx and corolla
(b) calyx and androecium
(c) corolla and gynoecium
(d) androecium and gynoecium
Ans.(d) androecium and gynoecium
Leave a Comment