MCQ On Kingdom Fungi for NEET | MCQ On NEET Biology class 11th |MCQ Questions for class 11 Biology chapter 2 , | Kingdom Fungi with answer | Check the below NCERT MCQ question for class 11 Biology chapter 2 based Kingdom Fungi with answers.
MCQ Questions for class 11 Biology with Answers were prepared based on the latest pattern. We have provided class 11 Biology MCQ questions on Kingdom Fungi with answers to help students understand the concept very well.
MCQ on is useful for NEET/ CSIR/ UGC/ CBSE/ ICSE /AIIMS EXAM/ AFMC EXAM/ JAC exam/ STATE LEVEL MEDICAL EXAM
Kingdom Fungi :- The fungi constitute a unique kingdom of heterotrophic organisms. They show a great diversity in morphology and habitat. The common mushroom and toadstools are some examples of fungi. Fungi are cosmopolitan and occur in air, water, soil and on animals and plants. They prefer to grow in warm and humid places. Except yeast which are ( unicellular ), fungi are filamentous. Fungal bodies consist of long, slender thread – like structures called hyphae. The network of hyphae is known as mycelium. The cell walls of fungi are composed of chitin and polysaccharides. Most fungi are heterotrophic.
MCQ On Kingdom Fungi for NEET |
Here are 15 multiple-choice questions about Kingdom Fungi , along with their answers:
1. What is the primary mode of nutrition in fungi?
Answer: b) Heterotrophic
2. Which of the following is not a characteristic feature of fungi?
a) Cell walls made of chitin
b) Lack of chlorophyll
d) Presence of flagella
Answer: d) Presence of flagella
3. Which fungal structure is responsible for asexual reproduction?
d) Fruiting body
Answer: c) Spore
4. What is the role of mycorrhizae in the plant-fungus relationship?
a) Fungal infection of plant cells
b) Nutrient absorption by fungi from plants
c) Mutualistic association benefiting both
d) Photosynthesis by fungi for plants
Answer: c) Mutualistic association benefiting both
5. Which fungal phylum includes the mushrooms, toadstools, and puffballs?
Answer: c) Basidiomycota
6. Which type of reproduction results in genetic diversity in fungi?
a) Asexual reproduction
b) Binary fission
d) Sexual reproduction
Answer: d) Sexual reproduction
7. Which fungal disease is caused by Candida species and affects mucous membranes?
b) Athlete’s foot
Answer: c) Thrush
8. What is the common name for fungi belonging to the phylum Chytridiomycota?
a) Sac fungi
b) Water molds
c) Bread molds
Answer: d) Chytrids
9. Which of the following fungi is used in the production of bread and beer?
a) Saccharomyces cerevisiae
b) Penicillium notatum
c) Rhizopus stolonifer
d) Aspergillus niger
Answer: a) Saccharomyces cerevisiae
10. What is the main function of the fungal cell wall?
b) Protection and structural support
c) Nutrient absorption
d) Asexual reproduction
Answer: b) Protection and structural support
Conclusion : –
MCQ On Kingdom Fungi for NEET| What is the common name for fungi belonging to the phylum Chytridiomycota? a) Sac fungi , b) Water molds , c) Bread molds , d) Chytrids , Answer : d) Chytrids