MCQ On Ascomycetes for NEET | MCQ On NEET Biology class 11th |MCQ Questions for class 11 Biology chapter 2 , Ascomycetes with answer | Check the below NCERT MCQ question for class 11 Biology Chapter 2 Ascomycetes based with answers.
MCQ Questions for class 11 Biology with Answers were prepared based on the latest pattern. We have provided class 11 Biology MCQ questions on Ascomycetes with answers to help students understand the concept very well.
MCQ on is useful for NEET/ CSIR/ UGC/ CBSE/ ICSE /AIIMS EXAM/ AFMC EXAM/ JAC EXAM/ STATE LEVEL MEDICAL EXAM
Ascomycetes :- These are commonly known as sac -fungi. They maybe unicellular, e.g.yeast ( Saccharomyces ) or multicellular, e.g. Penicillium. They are saprophytic, decomposers, parasitic or coprophilous ( growing on dung ). Mycelium is branced and septate. The asexual spores are conidia produced exogenously on the special mycelium called conidiophores. Conidia on germination produce mycelium. Sexual spores called ascospores which are produced endogenously in sac like asci ( singular ascus ). These asci are arranged in different types of fruiting bodies called ascocarps.
MCQ On Ascomycetes for NEET
Here are 15 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) related to Ascomycetes , along with their answers:
1. What is the primary mode of reproduction in Ascomycetes?
a) Binary Fission
c) Asexual Spore Formation
d) Sexual Fusion
Answer: d) Sexual Fusion
2. Which structure is characteristic of Ascomycetes and is involved in sexual reproduction?
Answer: b) Ascus
3. What is the common name for the fungal class Ascomycetes?
b) Sac Fungi
c) Club Fungi
d) Truffle Fungi
Answer: b) Sac Fungi
4. Which of the following is a well-known pathogenic Ascomycete that causes athlete’s foot and ringworm?
Answer: c) Trichophyton
5. Which Ascomycete is used in the production of penicillin, an important antibiotic?
a) Saccharomyces cerevisiae
b) Aspergillus niger
c) Penicillium notatum
d) Neurospora crassa
Answer: c) Penicillium notatum
6. What is the term for the asexual spores produced by Ascomycetes?
Answer: b) Conidia
7. Which of the following Ascomycetes forms a symbiotic relationship with plant roots and aids in nutrient uptake?
a) Morel mushroom (Morchella)
b) Mycorrhizal fungi
c) Bread mold (Rhizopus)
d) Yeast (Saccharomyces)
Answer: b) Mycorrhizal fungi
8. What is the primary function of the ascocarp in Ascomycetes?
a) Asexual reproduction
b) Sexual reproduction
c) Nutrient absorption
d) Spore dispersal
Answer: b) Sexual reproduction
9. Which Ascomycete is known for its role in fermenting sugars to produce alcohol and carbon dioxide?
c) Saccharomyces cerevisiae
d) Aspergillus niger
Answer: c) Saccharomyces cerevisiae
10. What is the significance of the “ascospore discharge mechanism” in Ascomycetes?
a) It aids in asexual reproduction.
b) It allows the fungus to evade predators.
c) It helps disperse sexual spores for reproduction.
d) It is a method of defense against herbivores.
Answer: c) It helps disperse sexual spores for reproduction.
MCQ On Ascomycetes for NEET |What is the primary function of the ascocarp in Ascomycetes? a) Asexual reproduction , b) Sexual reproduction , c) Nutrient absorption , d) Spore dispersal , Answer: b) Sexual reproduction