MCQ On Mycoplasma for NEET |MCQ On NEET Biology class 11th |MCQ Questions for class 11 Biology chapter 2 , Mycoplasma with answer | Check the below NCERT MCQ question for class 11 Biology Chapter 2 Mycoplasma based with answers.
MCQ Questions for class 11 Biology with Answers were prepared based on the latest pattern. We have provided class 11 Biology MCQ questions on Mycoplasma with answers to help students understand the concept very well.
MCQ on is useful for NEET/ CSIR/ UGC/ CBSE/ ICSE /AIIMS EXAM/ AFMC EXAM/ JAC exam/ STATE LEVEL MEDICAL Exam
Mycoplasma is bacterium that causes infections in different areas of your body including your respiratory, urinary and genital tracts. Mycoplasma infections cause mild symptoms. Mycoplasma, the smallest monerans, are pleomorphic ( flexible in shape as they lack cell wall ) and are called PPLOs ( Pleuro – pneumonia like organisms ). These are insensitive to antibiotics that affect cell wall synthesis like penicillin because cell wall is absent. Mycoplasma can survive without oxygen. They can live as saprotrophs or are parasitic on humans plants and animals.
MCQ ON Mycoplasma for NEET
Here are 15 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) related to Mycoplasma, along with their answers:
1. What is the primary distinguishing characteristic of Mycoplasma bacteria?
a) They have a rigid cell wall
b) They are Gram-positive
c) They lack a cell wall
d) They have a thick capsule
Answer: c) They lack a cell wall
2. Which of the following diseases is not caused by Mycoplasma?
c) Urinary tract infections
Answer: b) Tuberculosis
3. Mycoplasma pneumoniae is known to cause which common respiratory infection?
b) Common cold
d) Walking pneumonia
Answer: d) Walking pneumonia
4. Which of the following statements about Mycoplasma cells is true?
a) They are the smallest known bacteria
b) They have a well-defined cell wall
c) They are photosynthetic
d) They reproduce by binary fission
Answer: a) They are the smallest known bacteria
5. Mycoplasma infections are typically treated with:
a) Antibiotics that target the cell wall
b) Antifungal medications
c) Antiviral drugs
d) Antibiotics that target protein synthesis
Answer: d) Antibiotics that target protein synthesis
6. Mycoplasma genitalium is associated with which condition?
a) Genital warts
d) Non-gonococcal urethritis
Answer: d) Non-gonococcal urethritis
7. Which of the following methods is commonly used to diagnose Mycoplasma infections?
a) Blood culture
b) Urine test
c) Serological testing
d) Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
Answer: c) Serological testing
8. Mycoplasma species are often found in association with which type of cells in the human body?
a) Red blood cells
b) White blood cells
c) Epithelial cells
d) Nerve cells
Answer: c) Epithelial cells
9. Mycoplasma pneumoniae is a leading cause of what type of infection in children and young adults?
a) Ear infections
c) Community-acquired pneumonia
Answer: c) Community-acquired pneumonia
10. Which of the following is a common symptom of Mycoplasma infection?
c) Joint pain
Answer: a) Rash
MCQ On Mycoplasma for NEET |Mycoplasma genitalium is associated with which condition? a) Genital warts , b) Chlamydia , c) Gonorrhea , d) Non-gonococcal urethritis Answer: d) Non-gonococcal urethritis