MCQ ON GREENHOUSE EFFECT / GREENHOUSE EFFECT class 12 for NEET | GREENHOUSE EFFECT class 12 | MCQ GREENHOUSE EFFECT with Answer | Check the below NCERT MCQ question for class 12 Biology based on the with Answers.
MCQ on GREENHOUSE EFFECT class 12 Biology with answers were prepared based on the latest pattern. We have provided class 12 Biology MCQs question with Answers to help students understand the concept very well.
MCQ ON GREENHOUSE EFFECT is useful for NEET / CSIR / UGC / CBSE / ICSE / AIIMS / EXAM / AFMC EXAM / STATE LEVEL MEDICAL EXAM/ KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2023-2024 ,2025
It is warming effect found in greenhouse by allowing solar radiation to pass in but preventing long wave wave heat radiation to pass out due to glass paints water vapours in carbon dioxide.
The gases which are transparent to solar radiation but retain and partially reflect back long wave heat radiation are called greenhouse gases.
Green house gases are response essential for keeping the earth warm and hospitable.
They are also call radiatavely active gases
Regular assessment of abundance of greenhouse gases and their impact on global environment is being made by IPCC.
The various greenhouse gases are carbon dioxide carbons and nitrous oxide
ENVIRONMENT POLLUTION :-
Human population size has grown enormously over the last 100 years. This means increase in demand for food water home electricity roads automobiles and numerous other commodities. This demand sar exerting tremendous pressure on our natural resources and are also contributing to pollution of air water and soil.
The need of the hour is to check the degradation and depletion of our precious natural resources and pollution without halting the process of development.
Pollution is any undesirable change in physical chemical characteristics of air land water or soil.
Agents that bring about such as an undesirable change are called pollutants.
In order to control in environmental pollution the Government of India has pass the environment protection act 1986 to protect any program quality of our environment air water and soil.
MCQ ON GREEN HOUSE EFFECT class 12 for NEET/KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2023-2024,2025
1. The term greenhouse effect has been derived from a phenomenon that occurs in a
(a) radioactive waste
(b) ozone depletion
(c) organic farming
(d) a green house
Ans (d) a greenhouse
2. What is a greenhouse?
(a) it looks like a small glass house
(b) each for growing plants especially during winter
(c) ozone hole
(d) both a and b
Ans. (d) both a and b
3. it is a naturally occurring phenomenon that it responsible for heating of earth surface and atmosphere?
(a) greenhouse effect
(d) global warming
Ans. (a) greenhouse effect
4. Without green house effect the average temperature of it surface of Earth would have been a chilli are temperature of
(a) -18 degree Celsius
(b) 15 degree Celsius
(c) 20 degree Celsius
(d) 18 degree Celsius
Ans.(a) -18 degree Celsius
5. The present average temperature of earth surface is
(a) 15 degree Celsius
(b) 20 degree Celsius
(c) 16 degree Celsius
(d) -24 degree Celsius
Ans.(a) 15 degree Celsius
6. Most greenhouse gas responsible for greenhouse effect
(a) methane gas
(c) carbon dioxide
(d) Sulphur dioxide
Ans.(c) Carbon dioxide
7. Greenhouse gases absorb which radiation from the Earth and emit it again towards the earth ,the recycle continues till the earth surface has no long wave radiation to emit ?
(b) ultraviolet rays
(c) infra-red radiation
(d) radio waves
Ans.(c) infrared radiation
8. Which is the least responsible for greenhouse effect and global warming ?
9. The contribution of carbon dioxide for greenhouse effect is
(a) 60 %
Ans. (a) 60%
10. The measure to control global warming is
(a) cutting down use of fossil fuel
(b) improving the efficiency of energy usage
(c) reducing deforestation
(d) all the above
Ans. (x) All the above
11. Greenhouse gases include:-
(a) CO2 , CFC, CH4 and N2O
(b) CO2 , O2 , N2 , NO2
(c) CH4,:N2 , CO2 and NH3
(d) CFC, CO2 , NH3 and N2
Ans.(a) CO2, CFC , CH4 and N2O.
12. Which is not greenhouse gases?
b) carbon dioxide
Ans . (c) hydrogen
13. Concentration of greenhouse gases is increasing due to
(b) increased use of refrigerators
(c) increase combustion of coal and petroleum
(d) all the above
Ans.(d) all the above
14. Checking of re-radiating heat by atmospheric dust, ozone gas , carbon dioxide and water vapours is
(a) ozone layer effect
(b) solar effect
(c) radioactive effect
(d) greenhouse effect
Ans. (d) greenhouse effect above
● YOU CAN WATCH BIOLOGY SIR Youtube channel
15. Full form of IPCC
(a) intergovernmental panel on climate change
(b) intergovernmental panel on climate growth
(c) Indian panel on climate change
(d) Indian panel on climate regulation
Ans.(a) intergovernmental panel on climate change
16. Kyoto protocol is measured to control
(a) ozone depletion
(b) greenhouse effect
(d) all the above
Ans.(b) green house effect