MCQ ON ENVIRONMENT POLLUTION / ENVIRONMENT POLLUTION class 12 for NEET | ENVIRONMENT POLLUTION class 12 | MCQ ENVIRONMENT POLLUTION with Answer | Check the below NCERT MCQ question for class 12 Biology based on the with Answers.
MCQ on ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION class 12 Biology with answers were prepared based on the latest pattern. We have provided class 12 Biology MCQs question with Answers to help students understand the concept very well.
MCQ ON ENVIRONMENT POLLUTION is useful for NEET / CSIR / UGC / CBSE / ICSE / AIIMS / EXAM / AFMC EXAM / STATE LEVEL MEDICAL EXAM/ KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2023-2024 ,2025
ENVIRONMENT POLLUTION :-
Human population size has grown enormously over the last 100 years. This means increase in demand for food water home electricity roads automobiles and numerous other commodities. This demand sar exerting tremendous pressure on our natural resources and are also contributing to pollution of air water and soil.
The need of the hour is to check the degradation and depletion of our precious natural resources and pollution without halting the process of development.
Pollution is any undesirable change in physical chemical characteristics of air land water or soil.
Agents that bring about such as an undesirable change are called pollutants.
In order to control in environmental pollution the Government of India has pass the environment protection act 1986 to protect any program quality of our environment air water and soil.
MCQ ON ENVIRONMENT POLLUTION class 12 for NEET/KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2023-2024,2025
1. According to Central polution control board what particular size is most harmful to humans health ?
(a) less than 5 micrometers
(b) less than 2.5 micrometers
(c) equal to 2.5 micrometers
(d) more than 2.5 micrometres
Ans (b) less than 2.5 micrometers
2. A scrubber is used for removing of which gases
(a) carbon dioxide
(b) carbon monoxide
(c) Sulphur dioxide
(d) nitrogen dioxide
Ans. (c) sulphur dioxide
3. Which method can be used for remove over 99% particulate matter present in the exhaust from thermal power plant?
(b) electrostatic precipitator
(c) smoke stackes
(d) catalytic converter
Ans. (b) electrostatic precipitator
4. When the Government of India passed environmental protection act to protect an improve the quality of our environment air, water and soil
5. Montreal protocol is international treaty which is known as for
(a) control the greenhouse effect
(b) control the ozone depletion
(c) control air pollution
(d) climate changes control
Ans.(b) control ozone depletion
6. Which gases are /is not responsible for the greenhouse effects ?
(a) methane gas
(c) carbon dioxide
(d) Sulphur dioxide
Ans.(d) Sulphur dioxide
7. Greenhouse gases absorb which radiation from the Earth and emit it again towards the earth ,the recycle continues till the earth surface has no long wave radiation to emit ?
(b) infrared radiation
(c) ultraviolet rays
(d) radio waves
Ans.(b) infrared radiation
8. Which is the least responsible for greenhouse effect and global warming ?
9. Three mile Island is famous for
(a) atomb bomb explosion
(b) site of nuclear accident
(c) site of bioweapons
(d) site for most air pollutant city
Ans. (b) site of Nuclear accident
10. Pollutants from man’s activities like effluents from industries and homes can radically accelerated the aging process this phenomenon has been called
(a) bio magnification
(b) greenhouse effect
(c) Accelerated eutrophication
(d) none of these
Ans. (c) Accelerated eutrophication
11. What is the effects of high concentration of DDT in the aquatic food chain?
(a) disturb calcium metabolism in birds
(b) thinning of eggshell
(c) premature breaking and decline in birds populations
(d) all of these
Ans.(d) all of these
12. Which can cause biomagnification in an aquatic food chain ?
a) DDT and mercury
b) DDT and carbon dioxide
c) alcohol and acid
(d) Mercury and gold
Ans . (a) DDT and Mercury
13. Sewage from our homes as well as from hospitals are likely to contain many undesirable pathogenic microorganisms and its disposal into water without proper treatment make cause outbreak of serious disease such as
(a) dysentery, typhoid, jaundice, cholera
(b) cancer, polio, smallpox ,AIDS
(c) ITA itai, minimata, cancer, tetanus
(d) none of these
Ans.(a) dysentery, typhoid jaundice ,cholera
14. Biomagnification refers to
(a) increase in the concentration of toxicant at the successive tropic levels
(b) decrease in the concentration of the toxicant and successive tropic levels
(c) increase in the concentration of carbon dioxide in atmosphere
(d) depletion of ozone layer
Ans. (a) increase in the concentration of toxicant at successive tropic levels
15. In India what is added in the air prevention control pollution act which came into force in 1981 but was amended in 1987 to include
● YOU CAN WATCH BIOLOGY SIR Youtube channel
16. If fine particulates can be inhaled deep into the lungs and can cause
(a) breathing and respiratory symptoms
(b) irritation, premature deaths
(c) inflammations damage to the lungs
(d) all the above
Ans.(d) all the above
Leave a Comment