MCQ ON EARTHWORM class 12 for NEET | EARTHWORM class 12 | MCQ EARTHWORM with Answer | Check the below NCERT MCQ question for class 12 Biology based on the with Answers.
MCQ on EARTHWORM class 12 Biology with answers were prepared based on the latest pattern.We have provided class 12 Biology MCQs question with Answers to help students understand the concept very well.
MCQ ON EARTHWORM is useful for NEET / CSIR / UGC / CBSE / ICSE / AIIMS / EXAM / AFMC EXAM / STATE LEVEL MEDICAL EXAM/ KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2022-2023,2024
Earthworm is a reddish brown terrestrial invertebrate that inhabits the upper layer of the most soil.During day time , they live in burrows made by boring and swallowing the soil.In the gardens , they can traced by their faecal deposits known as worm castings.The common Indian earthworms are Pheretima and Lumbricus.
Earthworm have long cylindrical body.The body is divided into more than hundred short segments which are similar metameres about 100-120 in number.
The dorsal surface of the body is marked by a dark median mid dorsal line along the longitudinal axis of the body.The ventral side is distinguished by the presence of genital pores.Anterior end consists of the mouth and the prostomium , a lobe which serves as a covering for the mouth and as wedge of force open cracks in the soil into which the earthworm may crawl.
The prostomium is sensory in function.
The first body segment is called the peristimium which contains the mouth .
In mature worm , segments 14-16 are covered by a prominent dark band of glandular tissue called clitellum.
Thus the body is divisible into three prominent region preclitellar, clitellar and postclitellar segments.
MCQ EARTHWORM class 12 for NEET/KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2022-2023,2024
1. The common Indian earthworms are
(c) both a and b
Ans (c) both a and b
2. In mature Earth worm , segments ………are covered by a prominent dark band of glandular tissue called clitellum.
Ans. (b) 14-16
3.Four pairs of spermathecal apertures are situated on the ventro-lateral sides of intersegmental grooves
(a) 5th – 8th segments
(b) 5th – 9th segments
(c) 6th – 10 th segments
(d) all the above
Ans. (b) 5th-9th segments
4. A single female genital pore is present in the mid – ventral line of ……. segment.
5.The main principal role of setae in Earth worm is
6. The stomach in earthworm extends from segments
(a) 4th – 6th
(b) 6th – 7th
(c) 5th – 8th
(d) 9th – 14th
Ans.(d) 9th – 14th
7. The characteristics features of the intestine between 26-35 segments is the presence of the internal fold of dorsal wall called
8. Function of typhlosole is in earthworm is
(a) increase the effective area of absorption in the intestine.
(b) decrease the effective area of absorption in the intestine.
(c) both a and b
Ans.(a) increase the effective area of absorption in the intestine.
9. Pheretima exhibits a closed type of blood vascular system , consisting of
(a) blood vessels
(d) all the above
Ans. (d) all the above
10. Blood glands of earthworm are present on the segments
(a) 4th, 6th and 7th segments
(b) 4th , 5th and 6th segments
(c) 3th ,4th and 5th segments
(d) 2th, 3rd and 4th segments
Ans. (b) 4th , 5th and 6th segments
11. The excretory organs occur as segmentally arranged coiled tubules in earthworm called
(b) green glands
(c) malpighian tubules
12. Pharyngeal nephridium present as three tufts in
a) 3rd ,4th and 5th segments
b) 4th , 5th and 6th segments
c) segment 3 to the last
(d) segment 15 to the last
Ans . (b) 4th , 5th and 6th segments.
13. Four pairs of spermathecae are located in segments
(a) 5th – 8th
(b) 10th- 12th
(c) 6th -9th
Ans.(c) 6th – 9th
14. One pairs of ovaries is attached at the inter-segmental septum of the are found in segments
(a) 12th and 13th segments
(b) 11th and 14th segments
(c) 15th and 16th segments
(d) 11th and 12th segments
Ans. (a) 12th and 13th segments
15. Ovarian funnels are present beneath the ovaries which continue into oviducts ,join together and open on the ventral side as single median female genital pore in the
(a) 15th segments
(b) 14th segments
(c) 16th segments
(d) 13th segments
Ans.(b) 14th segments
● YOU CAN WATCH BIOLOGY SIR Youtube channel
16.There are two pairs of testes present in the …. segments.
(a) 10th and 11th segments
(b) 8th and 9th segments
(c) 10th and 12th segments
(d) none of the above
Ans.(a) 10th and 11th segments
Leave a Comment