MCQ ON AUXINS class 12 for NEET | AUXINS class 12 | MCQ AUXINS with Answer | Check the below NCERT MCQ question for class 12 Biology based on the with Answers.
MCQ on AUXINS class 12 Biology with answers were prepared based on the latest pattern. We have provided class 12 Biology MCQs question with Answers to help students understand the concept very well.
MCQ ON AUXINS is useful for NEET / CSIR / UGC / CBSE / ICSE / AIIMS / EXAM / AFMC EXAM / STATE LEVEL MEDICAL EXAM/ KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2022-2023,2024
Auxins was first isolated from human urine.
The term auxin is applied to the indol 3 acetic acid and two other natural and synthetic compounds having certain growth regulating properties.
They are generally produced by the growing a pics of the stems and roots from where they migrate to the regions of their action.
Auxins like IAA and IBA have been isolated from plants.
NAA and 2,4-D are synthetic Auxins . All these auxins have been used extensively in agricultural and horticultural practices.
They help in initiating rooting in stem cuttings, ine application widely used for plan propagation.
Auxins promotes flowering in pineapples.They help to prevent fruit and leaf drop at an early stages but promote the abscission of older mature leaves and fruits.
MCQ AUXINS class 12 for NEET/KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2022-2023,2024
1. Auxins was first isolated from
(a) human urine
(c) autoclave herring
(d) sperm DNA
Ans (a) human urine
2. The Auxin have been isolated from plants
(d) both a and b
Ans. (d) both a and b
3. Synthetic auxins are
(c) both a and b
Ans. (c) both a and b
4. Functions of auxins are
(a) promote flowering
(b) plant propagation
(c) promote abscission of older mature leaves
(d) all the above
Ans.(d) all the above
5. The hormone promote flowering in a pineapple
6. In most higher plants the growing apical buds inhibits the growth of lateral axillary buds , a phenomenan called
(a) apical dominance
(d) rosette habbit
Ans.(a) apical dominance
7. Decapitation means
(a) apical dominance
(b) removal of shoot tips
(c) induced parthenocarpy
(d) control xylem differentiation
Ans.(b) removal of shoot tips
8. Removal of shoot tips usually result in the growth of
(b) Axillary buds
(c) lateral Buds
(d) apical buds
Ans.(c) lateral Buds
9. The hormone widely applied in tea plantation and hedge making is
Ans. (a) auxine
10. The hormone which induce parthenocarpy in tomatoes
Ans. (d) Auxin
11. The harmone are widely used as herbicides.
12. Harmons widely used to kill the dicotyledonous weeds.
Ans . (b) 2,4-D
13. It is used to prepare weed free lawns by gardeners .
14. The hormone controls xylem differentiation .
Ans. (d) Auxins
15. Which is the not correct statement about auxins.
(a) Gibberelins promote bolting
(b) Auxins induce parthenocarpy
(c) kinetin does not occur naturally in plants.
(d) Auxins does not promote apical dominance
● YOU CAN WATCH BIOLOGY SIR Youtube channel
Ans.(d) Auxins does not promote apical dominance
16. Auxins means
(a) to grow
(b) to inhibit
(c) apical buds
Ans.(a) to grow
Leave a Comment