MCQ ON GIBBERELLINS class 12 for NEET | GIBBERELLINS class 12 | MCQ GIBBERELLINS with Answer | Check the below NCERT MCQ question for class 12 Biology based on the with Answers.
MCQ on GIBBERELLINS class 12 Biology with answers were prepared based on the latest pattern.We have provided class 12 Biology MCQs question with Answers to help students understand the concept very well.
MCQ ON GIBBERELLINS is useful for NEET / CSIR / UGC / CBSE / ICSE / AIIMS / EXAM / AFMC EXAM / STATE LEVEL MEDICAL EXAM/ KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2022-2023,2024
Plant growth hormone which enhance the longitudinal growth of stem when applied to intact plants. However Gibberelins do not enhance the growth of isolated plant parts.
The presence of merismetic cells is necessary for the elongation growth caused by Gibberellins.
Gibberellins were discovered by Japanese plant pathologist Kurosawa.
Physiological effects of Gibberellins.
Elongation of stem:
Extraordinary elongation of stems and leaf sheaths in Intact plants. Many seedlings tomato , lettuce, radish , when grown in petridishes containing GA3 solution show marked elongation of hypocotyl.
Reversal of Dwarfism :-
One of the most striking effects of the Gibberelins is the reversal of dwarfism in many genetically dwarf plants. Rosette plants of sugar beet when treated with GA3 undergoes marked longitudinal growth of axis.
Bolting and flowering :-
Stimulation in the internode growth just before reproduction is called bolting. Usually such plants require specific long day photo create or specific call requirements to Bolt and flower.
Substituting the cold treatments:-
Many biennials usually produce flowers in the second year of growth after passing through a winter season. Sach plants can substitute the requirement of cold treatment and made to flower in one year by the treatment of Gibberellins .
Cell division in the cambium:-
It has been demonstrated that gibralis can stimulate cell division in the vascular cambium of many deciduous trees in spring season.
MCQ GIBBERELLINS class 12 for NEET/KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2022-2023,2024
1. All Gibberellins are
(d) both basic and acidic
Ans (c) acidic
2. They produce wide range of physiological response in the plants
Ans. (d) Gibberellins
3. The hormone the ability to cause and increase in the length of axis is to increase the length of grape stalks.
Ans. (c) Gibberellins
4. The hormone cause fruits like apple to elongate and improve its shape.
5. The hormone which delay senescence.
6. The hormone which is used to speed up the malting process in brewing industry.
7. Spraying sugarcane crop with …………the increase the length of the stem.
8. Increasing the sugarcane yield by as much 20 tonnes per acre.
● YOU CAN WATCH BIOLOGY SIR Youtube channel
9. Spraying juvenile conifers with Gibberellins hastens …..
(a) germinating period
(b) maturity period
(c) inhibiting period
(d) all the above
Ans. (b) maturity period
10. The plant hormone promotes bolting
Ans. (a) Gibberellins
11. Bolting means
(a) internode elongation just prior to flowering
(b) nodal growth
(c) apical dominance
(d) all the above
Ans.(a) Internode elongation just prior to flowering in beet.
12. The plant hormone promotes many plants with rosette habit.
Ans . (d) Gibberellins
13. The fruit can be left on the tree longer so as the extend the market period.
14. The hormone involved in the regulation of synthesis of florigen of the plant.
Ans. (c) Gibberellins
15. The Gibberellins were named after a fungus.
(a) Gibberellins fujikorai
(b) Gibberellins rosette
(c) Gibberellins rosemary
(d) Gibberellins pathora
Ans.(a) Gibberelins fujikorai
16. Who reported appearance of symptoms of the disease in uninfected rice seedlings when they were treated with sterile filtrate of the fungus the active substances were later identify as Gibberelins acid
Leave a Comment