MCQ ON HYBRIDISATION class 12 for NEET | HYBRIDISATION class 12 | MCQ HYBRIDISATION with Answer | Check the below NCERT MCQ question for class 12 Biology based on the with Answers.
MCQ on HYBRIDISATION class 12 Biology with answers were prepared based on the latest pattern. We have provided class 12 Biology MCQs question with Answers to help students understand the concept very well.
MCQ ON HYBRIDISATION is useful for NEET / CSIR / UGC / CBSE / ICSE / AIIMS / EXAM / AFMC EXAM / STATE LEVEL MEDICAL EXAM/ KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2022-2023
Hybridisation is the
process of making a cross between two genetically diverse parents to obtain a progeny with desired traits.
When Highway digestion is perform between the two plants it is called single cross and when it is perform between more than two plants it is called multiple cross.
A hybridization maybe Intravarietal between the two plan belonging to same variety.
Intervarietal between the two varieties of same species
Inter specific between the different species of same genus.
Inter generic between two different genera.
A cross between the two parents involves fertilization of the Egg cells of one parent with a male gametes of another parents to produce seed.
Therefore the two parents must be induced to flower before they are mated by the plant breeder.
For this reason the factors related to flowering such a nutrition irrigation photo period and temperature must be regulated to synchronise flowering of both the parents.
To avoid any mixing of the the plain from undesirable plants it is advisable to perform the crossing in greenhouse under control conditions.
Procedure of hybridization
Selection of parents with desired characters:-
It is a primary requirement of highlygation to select two parents one male and other female which posses the desired characters. We must also study the kind of flowers time of ripening type of pollination to perform successful crossing.
Emasculation:-removal of stamens or anthers or killing the pollen grain of the flower without affecting the female reproductive organ is called emasculation.
It is essential in bisexual flowers to prevent self pollination.
Bagging:-the emascuted flower is immediately enclosed in clothes in a bag made of paper cloth or plastic to avoid polination by any unwanted pollen this process is called bagging.
Tagging:-the emascuted and bagged flower must be tagged by writing every step with date and time.
The bagging and pollination is incomplete without tagging.
pollination , the mature pollen grain are collected from the maale parent, the bag is opened and the pollen grain are dusted on the stigma, the bag is replace immediately.
MCQ HYBRIDISATION class 12 for NEET/KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2022-23, 2024.
1. The process of making across between the two genetically diverse parents to obtain a progeny with the desired traits
(a) pure line selection
(c) mass selection
(d) hybrid vigour
Ans (b) hybridisation
2. When a hybridization is performed between the two plants it is called
(a) double Cross
(b) multiple cross
(c) single cross
(d) all the above
Ans. (c) single cross
3. When hybridization is performed between more than two plants it is called
(a) single cross
(b) multiple crores
(c) di cross
(d) tri cross
Ans. (b) multiple cross
4. Which is oldest breeding method
(d) mutation breeding
5. Process between two plants by the same variety are called
6. In which crops is the method of mass selection applied
(a) cross pollination
(b) self pollination
(c) both self and cross pollination
(d) potato and sugarcane
Ans.(a) cross pollination
7. The best way to obtain bacteria and virus free plan through the tissue culture
(b) seed germination after Gama irradiation
(c) stem or shoot tip culture
(d) seed germination under aspectic condition
8. Plants having similar genotypes produced by plant breeding are called
9. The main technique involved in agriculture biotechnology is called
(a) tissue culture
(c) plant breeding
(d) DNA replication
Ans. (a) tissue culture
10. The emasculation of flower bud is achieved by the removal of
(a) tissue culture
Ans. (b) anthers
11. The new variety of plants are produced by
(a) introduction and selection
(b) mutation and selection
(c) selection and hybridization
(d) introduction and mutation
Ans.(c) selection and hybridization
12. Pure line breeds refer to
a) Homozygosity and independent assortment
b) Homozygosity only
c) Heterozygosity only
(d) Heterozygosity and selection
Ans . (a) Homozygosity and independent assortment
13. Substance used in the tissue culture medium for induction of shoots in callus is
14. Selection of hemogygous plant is
(a) mass selection
(b) pure line selection
(c) mixed selection
(d) none of the these
Ans. (b) pure line selection
15. Haploid plantlets can be produced by
(a) pollen culture
(b) cotyledon culture
(c) embryo culture
(d) meristem culture
Ans.(a) pollen culture
● YOU CAN WATCH BIOLOGY SIR Youtube channel
16. Norin genes of dwarfness in wheat originated through spontaneous mutation in
Leave a Comment