What is the difference between secondary follicle and tertiary follicle? | secondary follicles versus tertiary follicles | how does secondary follicles differ from tertiary follicle?
Follicular development in female ovary is one of the important biological process leads to formation of mature haploid ovum from germinal epithelium of ovary commonly known as primordial cell. Follicular development start during the embryonic or 6 to 8 months of gestation period of female and at birth time it will be arrested and then begin at puberty after attending the sexual maturity of 12 years age in girls child.
There are several follicles formed during the follicular development’s are primary follicles containing primary oocytes, secondary follicles that contain primary oocytes and tertiary follicles that containing secondary oocyte. After this tertiary follicles develop into Graafian follicles and release secondary oocytes for fertilization with sperm.
All these follicles have some difference in development and structure, but in this topic we explain some maijor difference between secondary follicles and tertiary follicles.
What is the secondary follicle and tertiary follicle?
What is seconadary follicle?, Secondary follicle is 3rd stage of follicular development inside ovary of female develop from primary follicle that contain primary oocytes surrounded by many nutritious layer of membrana granulosa cells that surrounded by outer theca cells formed from stroma of ovary . This is preantrum follicles that’s have no fluid filled cavity and also it is immature ovarian follicles begin to develop at pubery
What is tertiary follicle?, Tertiary follicle is Fourth Stage of follicular development inside ovary of female which is developed from secondary follicles that containing secondary oocyte surrounded by Central cavity antrum and diverse layers of membrana granulosa, theta interna and theca externa.
What is the difference between secondary follicle and tertiary follicle?
This questions is very important for class 12th Biology students who are preparing for their annual Board, CBSE/ states board and competitive, Neet, medical examinations.
Key difference between secondary follicle and tertiary follicle is that secondary follicle is an immatured ovarian preantrum follicles developed from primary follicle containing primary oocytes that surrounded by many layers of nutritious cuboidal cells known as membrana granulosa cell and it is preantral follicle whereas tertiary follicles develop from secondary follicle containing secondary oocyte, is being larger, more follicular cells, accumulation of fluid in intracellular space called as antrum and that are surrounded by many diverse layer of granulosa cells known as membrane granulosa that surrounded by theca externa and theca interna.
How does secondary follicle differ from tertiary follicle?
Secondary follicles differ from tertiary follicles in following points:- 1) secondary follicles have primary oocytes inside it whereas tertiary follicles have secondary oocyte inside it, 2) secondary follicles developed from primary follicle whereas tertiary follicles develop from secondary follicle, 3) secondary follicle are smaller than comparison to tertiary follicles, and 4) secondary follicle have no fluid filled cavity or antrum whereas in tertiary follicle some of membrana granulosa cells developed into fluid filled cavity known as antrum.
You can also click on the given link to see others topic in our website and YouTube channels
Secondary follicles vs tertiary follicles
How do you compare/ List five differences/ comparison/ distinguish / versus/ between secondary follicles and tertiary follicles are following:-
1) secondary follicles developed from primary follicle whereas tertiary follicles developed from secondary follicles
2) many layers of nutritive cuboidal membrana granulosa cells that surrounding the primary oocytes forms the secondary follicles whereas many diverse layers of theca cells and membrana granulosa celles that surrounding the secondary oocytes and antrum cavity forms the tertiary follicles.
3) secondary follicle are smaller than comparison to tertiary follicles
4) in secondary follicles there is no presence or accumulation of fluid in intracellular space that’s why it is known as preantral follicle whereas in tertiary follicles some of membrana granulosa cell develop into central cavity called antrum or fluid filled cavity or liquir follicles in intracellular space that nourishes the development of secondary oocyte
5) in secondary follicles primary oocyte surrounded by a many layers of granulosa cells whereas in tertiary follicles secondary oocyte surrounded by Antrum and many diverse layers of membrana granulosa and theca cells.
6) secondary follicles is lies between immature and mature follicles whereas tertiary follicle is mature.
7) rate of mitotic division in granulosa cell of secondary follicles is higher than comparison to membrana granulosa cells of tertiary follicle.