Difference between microspore and microspore mother cell? | distinguish/ comparison/ distinguish versus/ differ from/ between microspore and microspore mother cell
You all are familiar with this two words microspore and microspore mother cells which are unique features of male gametophyte in angiosperms. Both are related to each other but this have some difference. Microspore mother cells is a diploid sporogenous tissues that develop after differentiation in microsporangium of anther whereas microspore is haploid spore formed from microspore mother cells after completion of meiosis and the letter on develop into Pollen Grain that representing male gametophyte.
What is the microspore and microspore mother cell?
In biology, microspore is define as a small sized haploid, unicellular male spore formed meiotically from spore mother cell and later on it develop into male gametophyte pollen grain whereas microspore mother cell is define as multicellular diploid sporogenous tissue develop inside microsporangium of anther that undergoes meiosis to form four haploid microspore.
What is the difference between microspore and microspore mother cell?
This question is very important for class 12 students who are preparing for CBSE board/ state board and other competitive medical, neet examinations.
Key difference between microspore and microspore mother cell is that microspore is small sized, haploid, unicellular male spore formed meiotically from microspore mother cell inside microsporangium of anther by the process of microsporogenesis and later on it develop into male gametophyte pollen grain whereas microspore mother cell is multicellular, diploid tissues made after differentiation of sporogenous tissue inside microsporangium of anther later on it divide meiotically to form microspore tetrad.
You can also click on the given link to see others topic in our website and YouTube channels
Microspore verses microspore mother cell
List 3 difference/ how do you compare/ microspore mother cell versus microspore / distinguish/ differentiate between microspore and microspore mother cell/ microspore differ from microspore mother cell are the following ways:-
1) microspore is haploid male spore whereas microspore mother cell is diploid in nature
2) microspore is unicellular structure whereas microspore mother cell is multicellular and tissues structure
3) microspore develop into male gametophyte called pollen grains by the process of microgametogenesis on the other hand microspore mother cells undergoes meiosis to form four haploid tetrad microspore
4) microspore is usually known as Pollen Grain in angiosperm while microspore mother cell is also known as Pollen mother cell
5) microspores in angiosperm arranged in tetrahedral manner that is known as microspore tetrad and four microspore separates from each other and develop into characteristics shape while microspore mother cells are polygonal and closely packed structure, but anther enlarge and pollen mother cells get loosely arranged.