What is the difference between pollen tube and style? | distinguish/ comparison/ distinguish versus/ differ from/ between pollen tube and style
You all are familiar with two words Pollen tube and style, both are unique structure found in male and female gametophyte respectively, both are enlogated tube like structure made of soft tissues that allowing the free movement of pollen grain and Pollen tube. As you know Pollen tube is part of male gametophyte tube like structure that carry male gamete whereas his style is part of female gametophyte elongated structure that joining the stigma to ovary.
What is the pollen tube and style?
In biology, Pollen tube is define as tube like a structure made from intine of pollen grain, which is part of male gametophyte that carry male gametes and grow downward in style and goes upto ovary, penetrating the ovary of female gametophyte to release their gametes inside it for fertilization whereas style is elongated part of female gametophyte or pistil that made of soft tissues and provide the path for development and growth of pollen tube inside and it make connection between stigma and ovary
What is the difference between pollen tube and style?
This question is very important for class 12 students who are preparing for CBSE board/ state board and other competitive medical, neet examinations.
Key difference between pollen tube and style is that pollen tube is tube like structure, part of male gametophyte, developed from intine of pollen grains which carry two male gametes that grow inside style downward, reach to the ovary, make penetrating it and release the male gametes for fertilization whereas style is elongated structure, part of female gametophyte, made of soft tissue, which make connection between stigma and ovary and provide the safest path for growth of pollen tube inside it.
You can also click on the given link to see others topic in our website and YouTube channels
Pollen tube verses style
List 3 difference/ how do you compare/ pollen tube versus style / distinguish/ differentiate between pollen tube and style/ pollen tube differ from style are the following ways:-
1) Pollen tube is part of male gametophyte called as pollen grains whereas style is part of female gametophyte called as embryo sac
2) Pollen tube is hollow, long tube like structure developed from intine of pollen grain whereas style is elongated hollow or solid structure made of soft tissues
3) Pollen tube carry male gametes and grow inside style, reach to the ovary, penetrating it and release the male gametes inside whereas style make connection between stigma and ovary and provide safe path for growth of pollen tube inside
4) Pollen tube grow inside style of female gametophyte whereas style do not grow inside Pollen tube
5) growth of pollen tube is stimulated by sugary substances produced in stigma whereas style do not need to grow, it is already part of female gametophyte.