What is the difference between microspore and pollen grain? | distinguish/ comparison/ distinguish versus/ differ from/ between microspore and pollen grain
You all are familiar with this two words microspore and pollen grain, students are confusing because it is looking similar but there is few difference between microspore and pollen grain we describe in this topic. Microspore developed from microsporogenesis in heterosporous plant that’s later developed into male gametophyte whereas Pollen Grain is haploid develop from microgametogenesis and it is already representing male gametophyte.
What is the microspore and pollen grain?
In biology, microspore is haploid unicellular cell formed from microsporogenesis that later developed into male gametophyte of heterosporous plant such as bryophytes pteridophytes or seedless plant that have lesser amount of nutrients whereas Pollen grain is haploid cell, multicellular structure containing two nucleus which developed from microgametogenesis and representing male gametophyte in flowering plant and it has good amount of nutrients.
What is the difference between microspore and pollen grain?
This question is very important for class 12 students who are preparing for CBSE board/ state board and other competitive medical, neet examinations.
Key difference between microspore and pollen grain is that microspore is haploid unicellular cell develop from microsporogenesis, and occurs in seedless vascular heterosporous plant such as fern and mosses, and later on it develop into male gametophyte that have lesser amount of nutrients whereas pollen grain is haploid multicellular cells developed from microgametogenesis that represent male gametophyte in seed bearing plant which have good amount of nutrients.
You can also click on the given link to see others topic in our website and YouTube channels
Microspore verses pollen grain
List 3 difference/ how do you compare/ pollen grain versus microspore / distinguish/ differentiate between microspore and pollen grain/ microspore differ from pollen grain are the following ways:-
1) microspore developed from by the process of microsporogenesis in seedless heterosporous plant whereas pollen grains develop from by the process of microgametogenesis in seed bearing plants.
2) microspore is unicellular haploid cells whereas Pollen Grain is multicellular haploid cell
3) microspore letter on develop in male gametophyte in vascular plants such as fern, mosses and commonly found in bryophytes and pteridophytes whereas Pollen Grain is already part of male gametophyte in seed bearing plant
4) microspore have usually less amount of nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins vitamins and minerals whereas Pollen Grain have good amount of carbohydrate, proteins, vitamins and minerals.
5) microspore formed from only meiosis cell division whereas pollen grains develop by both meiosis and Mitosis.