Difference between microspore and microsporangium | distinguish/ comparison/ distinguish versus/ differ from/ between microspore and microsporangium
You all are familiar with this two words microspore and microsporangium which are unique features of male gametophyte in angiosperms. Both are related to each other but this have some difference. Microsporangium is a diploid sporogenous tissues present inside anther of starmen which have various Pollen mother cells that undergoes meiosis to form haploid microspore by the process of microsporogenesis whereas microspore is haploid spore formed from microspore mother cells after completion of meiosis and the letter on develop into Pollen Grain that representing male gametophyte.
Table of Contents
What is the microspore and microsporangium?
In biology, microspore is define as a small sized haploid, unicellular male spore formed meiotically from spore mother cell and later on it develop into male gametophyte pollen grain whereas microsporangium is singular form of microsporangia generally represent multicellular diploid sporogenous tissue develop inside of anther of stamen and generally surrounded by 4 layers such as epidermis, endothecium, middle layer and tapetum and in central pollen mother cells that undergoes meiosis to form four haploid microspore.
What is the difference between microspore and microsporangium?
This question is very important for class 12 students who are preparing for CBSE board/ state board and other competitive medical, neet examinations.
Key difference between microspore and microsporangium is that microspore is small sized, haploid, unicellular male spore formed meiotically from microspore mother cell inside microsporangium of anther by the process of microsporogenesis and later on it develop into male gametophyte pollen grain whereas microsporangium is multicellular, diploid tissues surrounded by 4 layers such as epidermis, endothecium, middle layer and tapetum and in central pollen mother cells that undergoes meiosis to give rise four haploid microspore.
You can also click on the given link to see others topic in our website and YouTube channels
Microspore verses microsporangium
List 3 difference/ how do you compare/ microsporangium versus microspore / distinguish/ differentiate between microspore and microsporangium/ microspore differ from microsporangium are the following ways:-
1) microspore is haploid male spore whereas microsporangium is diploid in nature
2) microspore is unicellular structure whereas microsporangium is multicellular and tissues structure
3) microspore develop into male gametophyte called pollen grains by the process of microgametogenesis on the other hand Pollen mother cells of microsporangium undergoes meiosis to form four haploid tetrad microspore
4) microspore is usually known as Pollen Grain in angiosperm while microsporangium is also known as pollen sac
5) microspores in angiosperm arranged in tetrahedral manner that is known as microspore tetrad and four microspore separates from each other and develop into characteristics shape while microsporangium is surrounded by 4 layers such as epidermis, endothecium, middle layer and tapetum and in central pollen mother cells that undergoes meiosis to give rise four haploid microspore.