MCQ ON GENE THERAPY class 12 for NEET | GENE THERAPY class 12 | MCQ GENE THERAPY with Answer | Check the below NCERT MCQ question for class 12 Biology based on the with Answers.
MCQ on GENE THERAPY class 12 Biology with answers were prepared based on the latest pattern. We have provided class 12 Biology MCQs question with Answers to help students understand the concept very well.
MCQ ON GENE THERAPY is useful for NEET / CSIR / UGC / CBSE / ICSE / AIIMS / EXAM / AFMC EXAM / STATE LEVEL MEDICAL EXAM/ KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2022-23 , 2023-24
The improved techniques for gene manipulation and deeper understanding of gene function in the body,may someday enable the medical biotechnology to correct gene disorders in humans. Treatment of a genetic disorder by manipulating gene is called gene therapy.
Gene therapy has not so far given any province relief to patients, contrary to some claims in the media.
Genetic disorder caused by a a single defective allele can be theoretically set write by replacing or supplementary the defective allele with a normal functional allele the recombinant DNA technology.
The new allele could be inserted into the bone marrow cells this cells keep multiplying through out the patients life and this would enable the transpilanted allele to be replicated and continually expressed.
Bone marrow cells give rise to all the cells of the blood and immune system.
The immune system may then counter the disease.
The genetic disease that are being investigated for gene therapy range from sickle cell anaemia to savere combined Immuno deficiency (SCID).
The SCID patient has a defective gene for enzyme adenosine deaminase (ADA). He or she lacks functional T – lymphocytes and their fails to fight the infecting pathogens.
Lymphocytes are extracted from the patients bone marrow and normal function copy of human gene coding for ADA is introduced into this lymphocytes with the help of retrovirus.
The cells so created are re introduce into the patient’s bone marrow.
The lymphocytes produced by this cells contain functional ADA gene and reactivate the victims immune system for life.
MCQ GENE THERAPY class 12 for NEET/KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2022-23, 3024.
1. If a person is born with heredity disease, can a corrective therapy be taken for such disease
(a) C peptide
(b) Gene therapy
(c) Gene tagging
(d) Gene sequencing
Ans (b) Gene therapy
2. It is a collection of methods that allows correction of gene effect that has been diagnosed in a child or embryo
(a) gene sequencing
(b) gene pool
(c) gene bank
(d) gene therapy
Ans. (d) gene therapy
3. Correction of genetic defect involves delivery of a normal gene into the individual or embryo to take over the function of an compensate for the…………
(a) functional gene
(b) non – functional gene
(c) both a and b
(d) structural gene
Ans. (b) non-functional gene
4. The first clinical gene therapy was given in 1920 of 4 year old girl with
(a) Adenosine deaminase deficiency (ADA)
Ans.(a) ADA deficiency
5. This enzyme is crucial for the immune system to function in gene therapy
6. Adenosine deaminase deficiency disease is caused due to …………of the gene for adenosine deaminase.
(d) all the above
7. In some children , ADA deficiency can be cured by
(a) bone marrow transplantation
Ans.(a) bone marrow transplantation
8. ADA can be treated by ………..in which functional ADA is given to the patient by injection.
(a) bone marrow transplantation
(b) enzyme replacement therapy
Ans.(b) Enzyme replacement therapy
9. As of first step towards gene therapy ………….. from the blood of patient are grown in a culture outside a body
Ans. (c) lymphocytes
10. ………………. is there introduced into lymphocytes, which are subsequently returned to the patient
(a) A non-functional ADA
(b) A functional ADA cDNA
(c) c peptide
(d)Chain A and chain B
Ans. (b) A functional ADA cDNA
11. The patients are required periodic infusion of such genetically engineered lymphocytes for gene therapy.
(a) cells are not immortal
(b) cells are immortal
(c) cells are mortal
(d) cells are god gifted
Ans.(a) cells are not immortal
12. If the gene isolate from marrow cells producing ADA is introduced into cells at ………. ……it can could be permanent cure.
(a) Early adulthood stage
(b) Early embryonic stage
(c) Early adolescent stage
(d) Early operational stage
Ans . (b) Early embryonic stage
13. The patient has defective gene for the enzyme adenosing dimenase
(a) SCID patient
Ans.(a) SCID patient
14. The gene can be delivered to the tumour cell through the infection of a virus that has been engineer to carry this gene for restore normal growth to malignant cell both in culture and laboratory animals.
(a) p 53 gene
(b) p 66 gene
(c) p 69 gene
(d) p 77 gene
Ans. (a) p 53 gene
15. Treatment of genetic disorder by manipulating gene is called
(a) Gene therapy
(b) Gene tagging
(c) Gene mapping
(d) Gene bank
Ans.(a) Gene therapy
● YOU CAN WATCH BIOLOGY SIR Youtube channel
16. A genetic disorder caused by a single defective lly can be theoretical set right by replacing or supplementary the defective allele with a normal functional allele through the………. .
(a) recombinant DNA technology
(b) recombinant RNA technology
(c) protein recombinant technology
(d) all the above
Ans.(a) recombinant DNA technology