MCQ ON Events in Sexual Reproduction for NEET |MCQ ON —NEET Biology class 12th |MCQ Questions for class 12 Biology chapter 1, Events in sexual reproduction with answer | Check the below NCERT MCQ question for class 12 Biology chapter 1 based on Events in sexual reproduction with answers.
MCQ Questions for class 12 Biology with Answers were prepared based on the latest pattern. We have provided class 12 Biology MCQs questions on Events in sexual reproduction with answers to help students understand the concept very well.
MCQ on is useful for NEET/ CSIR/ UGC/ CBSE/ ICSE /AIIMS EXAM/ AFMC EXAM/ JAC exam/ STATE LEVEL MEDICAL EXAM
Events of sexual reproduction:- In sexual reproduction, “events” refer to the various stages and processes involved in the creation of offspring through the fusion of gametes (reproductive cells). These events typically include:
1. Gamete Production:- Each parent produces specialized reproductive cells called gametes. In humans, these are sperm cells in males and egg cells (ova) in females.
2. Gamete Transfer:- The male gametes (sperm) are typically transferred to the female’s reproductive system, where they can meet the female gametes (eggs).
3. Fertilization:- This is the fusion of a sperm cell and an egg cell, resulting in the formation of a zygote. The zygote contains a combination of genetic material from both parents.
4. Zygote Development:- The zygote undergoes a series of cell divisions and developmental processes, eventually forming an embryo.
5. Embryo Development:- The embryo continues to grow and develop, eventually forming a multicellular organism.
6. Birth or Hatching:- Depending on the species, the offspring is born (in mammals) or hatches (in birds and reptiles) from its protective structure (e.g., eggshell or womb).
These events are essential for the genetic diversity of a species and play a crucial role in evolution by generating offspring with unique combinations of genetic traits from their parents.
MCQ ON Events in Sexual Reproduction for NEET
Here are 15 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) on the events of sexual reproduction, along with their answers:-
1. What is the primary purpose of sexual reproduction?
a) Increase genetic diversity
b) Save energy
c) Produce identical offspring
d) Speed up reproduction
Answer: a) Increase genetic diversity
2. In humans, what is the male reproductive cell called?
Answer: b) Sperm
3. What is the fusion of male and female gametes called?
Answer: a) Fertilization
4. Which of the following is NOT an event in sexual reproduction?
a) Gamete production
c) Embryo development
Answer: b) Pollination
5. In many animals, what structure surrounds and protects the developing embryo?
Answer: b) Shell
6. What process results in offspring inheriting a unique combination of genes from their parents?
a) Asexual reproduction
Answer: c) Meiosis
7. What is the term for the initial cell divisions following fertilization?
Answer: b) Cleavage
8. In which reproductive system do offspring develop within the mother’s body?
Answer:- a) Viviparous.
● YOU CAN WATCH BIOLOGY SIR Youtube channel
9. Which of the following is a method of asexual reproduction in plants?
Answer: b) Budding
10. What is the process of a young animal breaking out of its egg called?
Answer: c) Hatching
11. In plants, what is the male reproductive structure that produces pollen called?
Answer: d) Stamen
12. How do pollen grains typically reach the female reproductive structure of a flower?
Answer: d) Pollination
13. In which reproductive system do individuals have both male and female reproductive organs?
Answer: a) Hermaphroditic
14. Which of the following is a form of sexual reproduction in plants?
c) Binary fission
Answer: b) Grafting
15. What is the process of an embryo attaching to the uterine wall in mammals?
Answer:- a) Implantation
MCQ ON Events in Sexual Reproduction for NEET:- What is the process of an embryo attaching to the uterine wall in mammals? a) Implantation, b) Fertilization, c) Gestation, d) Ovulation. Answer:- a) Implantation