MCQ ON ETHYLENE class 12 for NEET | ETHYLENE class 12 | MCQ ETHYLENE with Answer | Check the below NCERT MCQ question for class 12 Biology based on the with Answers.
MCQ on ETHYLENE class 12 Biology with answers were prepared based on the latest pattern. We have provided class 12 Biology MCQs question with Answers to help students understand the concept very well.
MCQ ON ETHYLENE is useful for NEET / CSIR / UGC / CBSE / ICSE / AIIMS / EXAM / AFMC EXAM / STATE LEVEL MEDICAL EXAM/ KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2022-2023,2024
Ethylene is a volatile gas present in the atmosphere as a component of smoke and other industrial gases. The consideration of ethylene is a plant growth hormone elters the tropic responses of roots.
It is synthesized in a ripening fruits flowers leaves and even roots and its as a natural plant growth hormone.
Physiological effects of ethylene:
Inhibitory effect on growth:-
Ethylene preference elongation of stem and root in longitudinal direction and it in his growth in length is associated with a radial enlargement of the tissues.
Ethylene is responsible for positive geotropic bending of roots. This response is caused through the differential formation of ethylene on geotropically lower side of the roots.
Suppression of bud growth:-
Ethylene inhibit the growth of lateral Bird in p seedlings and thus causes apical dominance.
Fruit growth and ripening:-
The growth of fruit is stimulated by ethylene in some plants. The most remarkable effect of ethylene which drew attention of most horticulture is stimulation of fruit ripening.
Flowering in pineapple mango and various other plants can be induced by application of ethylene.
Italy stimulates rootings of cuttings, initiation of lateral roots and growth of root hair.
Dormancy:-ethylene is responsible for breaking the dormancy of buds and seeds.
Sex expression:-ethylene appears to play a major role in determining the sex of monoecious flower . It is associated with promotion of femaleness.
MCQ ETHYLENE class 12 for NEET/KVS PGT BIOLOGY / NVS PGT BIOLOGY EXAM 2022-2023,2024
1. It is a simple gaseous phytogrowth hormone
Ans (d) ethylene
2. It is synthesized in large amounts by tissues undergoing senescence and ripening fruits
(b) autoclaved herring sperm DNA
Ans. (d) ethylene
3. Influences of ethylene on plants are
(a) horizontal growth of seedlings
(b) swelling of the axis
(c) apical hook formation in dicot seedlings
(d) all the above
Ans. (d) all the above
4. Which is not function of ethylene
(a) promotes senescence
(b) obscission of plant organ
(c) fruit ripening
(d) cell division
Ans.(d) cell division
5. Ethylene is highly effective in fruit ripening because
(a) rise in the rate of respiration
(b) decrease in the rate of respiration
(c) break seed and bud dormancy
(d) root hair formation
Ans.(a) rise in the rate of respiration
6. Which is not function of ethylene
(a) break seed and bud dormancy
(b) initiats germination in peanut seeds
(c) sprouting of potato tubers
(d) initiate bolting
Ans.(d) initiate bolting
7. The hormone which promotes root growth root hair formation thus helping the plants to increase their absorption surface.
8. The hormone which is to initiate flowering and for synchronising fruit set in pineapples
(a) Richmond land effect
(b) Allen effect
(c) Lang effect
9. The most widely used compound is source of ethylene is
Ans. (b) ethephon
10. It hastens fruit ripening in tomatoes and apples in accelerate abscission flowers and fruits.
(a) apical dominance
(b) lateral buds formation
(c) axillary buds formation
Ans. (d) ethephon
11. It promotes female flowers in cucumber there by increasing the yield
12. The plant hormone APS to play a major role in determining the sex of monoecious flowers
Ans . (a) ethylene
13. The plant hormone inhibits elongation of stem and roots in longitudinal direction.
(a) Abscisic acid
14. Flowering in pineapples mango and various other plant can be induced by application of
Ans. (b) ethylene
● YOU CAN WATCH BIOLOGY SIR Youtube channel
15. It responsible for breaking the dormancy of buds and seeds
(a) tobacco pith
(b) carrot phylum
(c) soyabean stems
16. Stimulation of fruit ripening by…….. hormone is more marked climacteric fruits
(b) differentiation of interfascicular cambium and lignification
(c) resistance to plants under high temperatures