MCQ ON VERNALIZATION class 11 for NEET | VERNALIZATION class 11 | MCQ VERNALIZATION with Answer | Check the below NCERT MCQ question for class 11Biology based on the with Answers.
MCQ on VERNALIZATION class 11 Biology with answers were prepared based on the latest pattern.We have provided class 11 Biology MCQs question with Answers to help students understand the concept very well.
MCQ ON VERNALIZATION is useful for NEET / CSIR / UGC / CBSE / ICSE / AIIMS / EXAM / AFMC EXAM / STATE LEVEL MEDICAL EXAM 2022-23 , 2023-24
Many species , especially many biennials and perennials, are induced or promoted to flower by the exposure to low temperature.
They grow vegetatively during the warm seasons, receive the low temperature treatment during the winter and grow further to bear flowers and fruits in the following warm season.
Lysenko a Russian worker, used the term vernalization for a low temperature promotions of flowering in plants.
The low temperature requirement for flowering was first noticed by Klippart in 1857 while working with two varieties of wheat- the winter wheat and the spring wheat.
In nature the plants requiring vernalization commonly behave as biennials.The biennials complete their life cycle in two years.
If a biennials is maintained in the green house without a cold treatment , it will grow vegetatively for years.
The actual site of cold stimulus in most of the plants is merismetic cells in the bud , apex of embryo , developing leaves etc.
Several experimental evidence suggests that a flowering stimulus is synthesized in the merismetic cells as a result of specific cold treatment.
MCQ ON VERNALIZATION class 11 for NEET
1. Low temperature promotion of flowering in plants
(c) short day plants
(d) long day plants
Ans (a) vernalisation
2. The term vernalisation is used by
Ans. (c) Lysenko
3. The low temperature requirement for flowering was first noticed by
Ans. (a) Klippart
4. In nature the plants requiring vernalization commonly behave as
5.The biennials complete their life cycle in
(a) two years
(b) one year
(c) three years
Ans.(a) two years
6. The actual site of vernalization in most of the plants
(a) merismetic cells in the buds
(b) apex of embryo
(c) developing leaves
(d) all the above
Ans.(d) all the above
7. Vernalization stimulus flowering in
8. The Avena curvature is used for bioassay of
9.Phytochrome is a
Ans. (d) Chromoprotein
10. Which of the given is a long day plant.
(a) Glycine max
Ans. (b) Spinach
11. Phytotropic curvature is the result of uneven distribution of
12. Through their effects on plant growth regulators , what do the temperature and light controls in the plants ?
(a) Apical dominance
(c) Closure of stomata
(d) Fruit elongation
Ans . (b) flowering
13.Hypothetical plant hormones are
(c) florigen and vernalin
Ans.(c) Florigen and vernalin
14. Coconut milk contains
Ans. (d) Cytokinins
15.Auxin is synthesized in which part of the plant ?
● YOU CAN WATCH BIOLOGY SIR Youtube channel
16. Foolish seedling disease of rice led to the discovery of
(a) Abscisic acid
(c) 2,4 -D