MCQ ON Taxonomy for NEET | MCQ ON —NEET Biology class 11th |MCQ Questions for class 11 Biology chapter 1, | Taxonomy with answer | Check the below NCERT MCQ question for class 11 Biology chapter 1 based on Taxonomy with answers.
MCQ Questions for class 11 Biology with Answers were prepared based on the latest pattern. We have provided class 11 Biology MCQs questions on Taxonomy with answers to help students understand the concept very well.
MCQ on is useful for NEET/ CSIR/ UGC/ CBSE/ ICSE /AIIMS EXAM/ AFMC EXAM/ JAC exam/ STATE LEVEL MEDICAL EXAM
All living organisms can be classified into different taxa. This process of classification is called taxonomy. External and internal structure, along with the structure of call, development process and ecological information of organisms form the basis of modern taxonomic studies. Characterization, identification, classification and nomenclature are the processes that are basic to taxonomy.
MCQ on Taxonomy for NEET
Here are ten multiple-choice questions (MCQs) on Taxonomy with their answers:
1. What is taxonomy?
a) The study of cell biology
b) The classification of organisms
c) The study of fossils
d) The study of weather patterns
Answer: b) The classification of organisms
2. Who is considered the “father of modern taxonomy”?
a) Charles Darwin
b) Carl Linnaeus
c) Gregor Mendel
d) Albert Einstein
Answer: b) Carl Linnaeus
3. Which taxonomic rank is higher than class and lower than kingdom?
Answer: a) Phylum
4. Which domain includes organisms with prokaryotic cells?
Answer: b) Archaea
5. The scientific name of humans is:
a) Homo sapiens
b) Canis lupus
c) Felis catus
d) Mus musculus
Answer: a) Homo sapiens
6. Which taxonomic rank is indicated by the first word in a scientific name?
Answer: c) Genus
7. Which of the following is not a traditional taxonomic kingdom?
Answer: c) Protista
8. What is binomial nomenclature?
a) A naming system using three names
b) A naming system using two names
c) A naming system using four names
d) A naming system using five names
Answer: b) A naming system using two names
● YOU CAN WATCH BIOLOGY SIR Youtube channel
9. Which of the following is a characteristic used in modern molecular taxonomy?
b) Fossil record
c) DNA sequences
Answer: c) DNA sequences
10. Which taxonomic rank is the most specific and unique to each species?
Answer: d) Species.
MCQ on Taxonomy for NEET:- Which of the following is not a traditional taxonomic kingdom? a) Animalia, b) Fungi, c) Protista, d) Plantae. Answer: c) Protista