Difference between menstrual cycle and oestrous cycle | difference between oestrus and menstrual cycle | oestrus and menstrual cycle difference | differentiate/ distinguish/ comparision/ between menstrual cycle and oestrous cycle.
There are two types of reproductive phase shows by different primates and non primates animals. There is Cyclic change in ovarian follicle inside ovary of female representing menstrual phase and oestrous phase. In menstrual phase blood flows and in oestrous phase blood do not flow.
Oestrous Cycles occurs in non privates such as cows, sheep, rats, deer, dogs Tiger etc, oestrous some time spell as estrus, estrous, oestrus and oestrous all are similar words.
What is the difference between menstrual and oestrous cycle?
This is very important questions for class 12th Biology student those who are preparing for CBSE board/ state board and others competitive medical Neet examination.
Oestrous some time spell as estrus, estrous, oestrus and oestrous all are similar words, so do not confuse with such words.
key difference between menstrual and Oestrous cycle is that menstrual cycle occurs in primates such as monkey, apes and human beings in which unfertilized ovum along with rupture uterine epithelium about 50 -100 ml of blood and some mucus is discharge out through the vaginal orifice and it is called menstrual flow whereas oestrous cycle represent female become sexually responsive is found only in particular season, this period of sexual responsiveness of female is called oestrous cycle or heat period and there is no outflow from vagina, endometrium is reabsorbed.
In this article we talk about menstrual versus oestrous cycle. In menstrual cycle when ovum remain unfertilize then Corpus luteum is start the degenerating, the level of progesterone in the blood declines, the uterine tissues is fail to be maintained then the unfertilized ovum along with uterine epithelium and about 50 to 100 ml of blood and some mucus discharge out to the vaginal orifice and is called menstrual flow or menstruation.
Key difference between estrous and menstrual cycle is that oestrus cycle occurs in non primates animal such as cows, rats, dear, dogs, tiger, etc and their reproductive phase consists of short period of oestrus or heat which is followed by anastroos or passive period of long duration.
◆ Follow me on YouTube
Menstrual cycles found in primates animal like apes, monkeys and human beings and it consists of ovarian cycle of menstrual phase, post menstrual phase, proliferative phase and secretory phase.
★ WATCH THIS VIDEO
Most of the mammals are seasonal breeders and breed only in some specific Period of the Year, in such animal the female become sexually responsive only in particular season. Breeding season is autumn for sheep and Spring and autumn for bitches. But in some mammals like cow, buffalo oesstrous cycles occur throughout the year and there is no specific bleeding season. This period of sexual responsiveness of female called oestrous cycle or heat period. It is generally short duration 18 hour in cows it is generally followed by an anaestrous during which female does not copulate with male.
Most of wild animals are monoestrous in sheep, deer etc. Rats and mice breed as frequently as every five days and guinea pig every 15 days so are polyoestrous.
Oestrus cycle and menstrual cycle difference is that oestrous cycle occurs in non primates animal such as cow, sheep, rats, dog, tiger and their reproductive phase consists of short period of oestus or heat followed by anestrous or cold period of long duration whereas menstrual cycle occurs in primates animals like monkeys, Apes and human beings and their reproductive phase consists of menstrual phase, ovulatory phase and secretory phase.
Differentiate between menstrual cycle and oestrous cycle?
List 5 differences/ How does oestrous cycle differ from menstrual cycle/ comparison/ distinguish/ verses/ differentiate between menstrual and oestrous cycles/ differentiate between oestrus cycle and menstrual cycle are as follows:
1. Menstrual cycle occurs in primates (monkeys, apes and human beings) only whereas oestrus cycle occurs in non-primates such as cows, dogs, etc.
2. Menstrual cycle consists of menstrual phase, post menstrual phase, proliferative phase and the secretory phase whereas estrous cycle consists of a short period of oestrous or heat (e.g., 18 hours in cow) followed by anaoestrous or passive period.
3. In menstrual cycle Blood flows in the last few days whereas Blood does into flow in oestrus cycle
4. In menstrual cycle the broken endometrium is passed out during menstruation whereas the broken endometrium is reabsorbed in oestrus cycle
5. Sex urge is not increased during menstruation whereas sex urge is increased during oestrous period.
6. Female does not permit copulation during menstrual phase of the cycle whereas female permits copulation only during oestrous period.
What are important features and characteristics of estrous cycle?
1. It occurs in non-primates such as cows, dogs, etc.
2. It consists of a short period of oestrous or heat (e.g., 18 hours in cow) followed by anaoestrous or passive period.
3. Blood does into flow in this cycle.
4. The broken endometrium is reabsorbed.
5. Sex urge is increased during oestrous period.
6. Female permits copulation only during oestrous period.